Racism: The belief that another human being is inferior because of their ethnicity.
Racism’s scourge on humanity has no place in the Christian’s heart. Unfortunately, the fact remains that any person can be influenced by his fellows more than by God’s word. It only takes a casual review of brotherhood journals from a few decades ago to find blatant racism within Christ’s church.
Racism robs others of their rights as creatures created in the image of God. It covets and steals a future hope in a brutal quest for power and supremacy. Racism begins with reviling others and frequently blossoms into murder, mayhem, and destruction.
However, the root of racism is a deeper problem: human cruelty. Like Satan himself, humans can be experts in inflicting cruelty on our fellows. There is not a nation, or tribe, or community that has not possessed within its borders those who are cruel…whatever the motive or manifestation.
The answer to human cruelty is not more human cruelty. The only answer is to be washed by blood of Christ (the willing victim of the greatest cruelty ever…for our sakes), be sanctified though the teaching of the Holy Spirit in his word, and to beat our swords into plowshares.
It is true that God given human beings free moral agency. In other words, we have the ability to choose. God, however, wants our choices to be wise, good, spiritual, and in harmony with His Word.
Sadly, many members of the church do not choose wisely when it comes to spiritual things. They have developed a “take it or leave it” mentality. Unfortunately, most of the time they “leave it” rather than “take it.”
- Sunday morning Bible class? Leave it.
- Sunday PM worship service? Leave it.
- Wednesday night Bible study? Leave it.
- Singing Night? Leave it.
- Work day? Leave it.
- Monday and Tuesday night of a gospel meeting? Leave it.
- Works of the church? Leave it.
- Special classes? Leave it.
- Visitation? Leave it.
- Leadership positions? Leave it.
- Helping with special events? Leave it.
Sadly, there are some who do not want to take very much. They just want to leave a lot behind.
I am glad Jesus didn’t consider the cross of Calvary a “take it or leave it” activity. I am glad the Holy Spirit did not think the revelation of truth was a “take it or leave it” work. I am thankful the apostles did not believe the fulfillment of the Great Commission was a “take it or leave it” mission.
What contributes to a “take it or leave it” mentality?
- A selfish heart
- A worldly heart
- A sinful heart
- An ignorant heart
- A lazy heart
- A too busy heart
- An undeveloped heart
- An unthankful heart
- An unconcerned heart
- A blinded heart
- A short-sighted heart
When we have choices to make, a question that we need to ask ourselves is this: “What choice would the Lord make in this situation?” The question can also be asked like this: “Would the Lord take it? Or, leave it?”
We MUST make the same choice our Lord would make. We will NEVER go wrong if we do.
I guess, with regard to this article, you can either “take it or leave it.”
I do not believe I have ever been so inundated with so much information about one thing, COVID -19, in all of my life. There is so much information provided about this that many individuals are “sick” of it. It seems as though it is going to continue throughout the remainder of 2020. It is as if this is the only thing that is going on in the world today.
As I was thinking about how the world has been inundated with information about the coronavirus, a wish came to my mind. I wish we could inundate the world in like manner with the message of the gospel of Christ.
1. We could label our message: “THE PANDEMIC OF SIN.”
2. We know the where it originated. It originated with the evil one, Satan.
3. If the virus of sin is not stopped, the only out come is death.
4. It is impossible to quarantine anyone from this virus.
5. It has been around since the dawn of time. It will remain until the end of the world.
6. The effects of the disease are devastating. It destroys lives, relationships, men, women, children, homes, societies, and nations.
7. We do not have to do any testing. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23).
8. There is an individual who has provided a cure for the disease, Jesus Christ (Tit. 2:14). Truly, he is the Great Physician.
9. The cure involves coming in contact with the blood of the Son of God (Rev. 1:5).
10. In order for the blood to be effective, we must follow His directions (Heb. 5:8-9).
11. Sadly, there are many who are not concerned with this disease. They are infected and do not care. Yes, they will eventually experience death because of it (Ezek. 18:20; Rom. 6:23).
12. Others will seek the remedy, but they will not follow the directions the Lord has given to make it effective (Matt. 7:21-23).
13. In order for as many individuals as possible to be healed, the message must be proclaimed to the world (Mark 16:15-16).
Yes, the world needs to hear these things on a regular basis. People need to be inundated with the facts about this dreadful disease. The warnings need to be proclaimed so much that people get “sick” of hearing about it. It has and will claim the lives of more people than any other epidemic that has ever existed on the earth.
Sadly, our politicians, our media, the medical community, and the celebrities of our world are not interested in this pandemic. They scoff at it. They mock the Great Physician. The laugh at those who take it seriously. And, while they do, millions continue to die.
Dear readers, there is a pandemic in the world today that is more serious than COVID -19. It is the pandemic of sin. Let’s do all we can to warn those in the world and present them with the cure, the precious blood of Christ (1 Pet. 1:18-19)!!