- 24/7 news stories
- Almost every commercial on TV
- All over social media
- Social distancing in every store
- Masked people all over the place
- Stay-at-home orders
- Flatten the curve
- Protect the vulnerable
- Political news conferences
- Constant talk among family and friends
I do not believe I have ever been so inundated with so much information about one thing, COVID -19, in all of my life. There is so much information provided about this that many individuals are “sick” of it. It seems as though it is going to continue throughout the remainder of 2020. It is as if this is the only thing that is going on in the world today.
As I was thinking about how the world has been inundated with information about the coronavirus, a wish came to my mind. I wish we could inundate the world in like manner with the message of the gospel of Christ.
1. We could label our message: “THE PANDEMIC OF SIN.”
2. We know the where it originated. It originated with the evil one, Satan.
3. If the virus of sin is not stopped, the only out come is death.
4. It is impossible to quarantine anyone from this virus.
5. It has been around since the dawn of time. It will remain until the end of the world.
6. The effects of the disease are devastating. It destroys lives, relationships, men, women, children, homes, societies, and nations.
7. We do not have to do any testing. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23).
8. There is an individual who has provided a cure for the disease, Jesus Christ (Tit. 2:14). Truly, he is the Great Physician.
9. The cure involves coming in contact with the blood of the Son of God (Rev. 1:5).
10. In order for the blood to be effective, we must follow His directions (Heb. 5:8-9).
11. Sadly, there are many who are not concerned with this disease. They are infected and do not care. Yes, they will eventually experience death because of it (Ezek. 18:20; Rom. 6:23).
12. Others will seek the remedy, but they will not follow the directions the Lord has given to make it effective (Matt. 7:21-23).
13. In order for as many individuals as possible to be healed, the message must be proclaimed to the world (Mark 16:15-16).
Yes, the world needs to hear these things on a regular basis. People need to be inundated with the facts about this dreadful disease. The warnings need to be proclaimed so much that people get “sick” of hearing about it. It has and will claim the lives of more people than any other epidemic that has ever existed on the earth.
Sadly, our politicians, our media, the medical community, and the celebrities of our world are not interested in this pandemic. They scoff at it. They mock the Great Physician. The laugh at those who take it seriously. And, while they do, millions continue to die.
Dear readers, there is a pandemic in the world today that is more serious than COVID -19. It is the pandemic of sin. Let’s do all we can to warn those in the world and present them with the cure, the precious blood of Christ (1 Pet. 1:18-19)!!