How to Live For Christ
Robert H. Martin
* Do good to all people no matter what they do to you (Galatians 6:10). Christ is our example of doing good (Acts 10:38). We must follow in His steps (1 Peter 2:21).
* Bless and love your enemies (Matthew 5:44). Christ was hated, mocked, spat upon, beaten ... yet He prayed, “Father, forgive them” (Luke 23:34). When we do this, we have the mind of Christ (Philippians 2:5).
* Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick (Matthew 25:34-36). Christ went about helping the downhearted (Matthew 9:35). By us doing this (especially to the brethren), it is the same as us doing it to Christ (Matthew 25:40).
* Count others better than yourself (Philippians 2:3). This is truly being Christ-like. When we do this, we are serving as Christ did selflessly (John 13:4-5).
* Put the kingdom (church) first in all things (Matthew 6:33). Jesus died for the church (Acts 20:28); we need to live for it. Put Christ's body above all earthy things.
This is Christianity. Do these things with all your might (Ecclesiastes 9:10). Be steadfast, always abounding in the work of the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58).